In order to choose the right artificial turf, you’ll need to know what to look for. A turf’s appearance matters the most. It should look like real grass instead of plastic. Also, it needs to be soft and supportive for pets and children. These are the basic requirements. You should carefully consider them while you’re hunting for a turf.
Essential Features for a Pet-Friendly Turf
When you’re hunting for a pet-friendly turf, you must consider its:
- Durability: A great turf for a dog needs to be hefty and strong.
- Backing: An artificial turf for a puppy must have a fully permeable backing. It’s your only defense against pet urine odors.
- Pile height: The pile height needs to be low. With a one-inch pile, cleanup will be easier whenever your pet goes potty.
Types of Artificial Grass
The most common artificial grass materials are:
- Nylon: Nylon is the strongest artificial grass material.
- Polyethylene: Polyethylene has a bright green color, and it’s softer than nylon.
- Polypropylene: Polypropylene doesn’t have the durability of other materials, but it’s the most affordable material.
At Dominion Turf, we have the following piles:
- Short piles: Short piles are less than 30mm tall.
- Medium piles: Medium piles range between 30mm to 37mm.
- Long piles: Longer piles are greater than 37mm.
All Seasons Turf
All season turf will stand out in your front or backyard. It’s very lush and soft, so it’s great for outdoor games and picnics. If you take care of this turf, it will grow tall every year.
This grass is one of the softest varieties around. Also, it looks very real, and it can withstand abuse from a dog.
If you need turf for a very hyper dog, there are better options available.
Highland turf is worth considering if you need options for your lawn. It’s available in four appealing colors that mimic actual grass.
This turf has a good recovery rate, and it’s extremely soft and very affordable.
Highland turf has one weakness. The material will look artificial next to a high-end turf.
Deluxe turf will look wonderful in front of a modern home. From a cosmetic standpoint, it can compete with any natural lawn in a neighborhood.
This turf has two big selling points. It will feel comfortable underneath your feet, and its non-plastic appearance will impress your neighbors.
A Deluxe turf doesn’t have any weaknesses because it’s affordable, pet-friendly, soft, and durable.
Reach out to us and we can help you decide what the best choice is for your yard.